Why is it important to do the Kuttab homework?
God سبحانه وتعالى says: واللهُ أخرَجَكُم من بُطُونِ أُمَّهاتِكُم لا تَعلمونَ شيئًا, which means: “God brought you out the wombs of your mothers not knowing a thing.”
And God سبحانه وتعالى also says: كُونُوا ربَّانِيِّين - this verse was interpreted that God orders us to teach people by laying down the basic foundations first, then building on that with more complex knowledge.
Therefore it is essential for children to master the basic language and pronunciation skills as they embark on their long learning journey. The key to this is repetition, repetition and repetition! This is why it is essential to strengthen the skills learned in the class by doing the homework. Our teachers share with you 10 other reasons for making sure your child does his/her homework with care:
1. When you follow up on your child’s homework, you are sending a clear message on the importance of what he/she is learning
2. Homework is a way to communicate with your child about what he/she is learning and a chance to spark your child’s enthusiasm
3. It improves your child’s thinking and memory
4. It helps your child develop positive study skills and habits that will serve him/her well throughout life, such as the ability to work independently and to use time wisely
5. It helps your child to get ready for the next week’s class
6. Homework teaches your child to take responsibility for his/her work
7. It helps your child learn to ask questions and do research using books and websites
8. It allows your child to figure out what he knows and what he does not know
9. It allows your child to extend learning by applying skills to new situations
10. It helps your child integrate learning by applying many different skills to a single task, such as a research project or an essay